- Est.: 1992
- Size: 18 ha
- Wines: Wallington’s, Wallington’s Rockdell
- Winemakers: Margaret Wallington & Murray Smith
- Cellar Door: 82 Lawrences Rd, Canowindra. Open 7 days by appointment.
- Contact: Margaret Wallington 02-6344 7153
- Website: www.wallingtonwines.com.au
Wallington’s wines are made on site in the unusual and handsome Straw Bale Winery. Wine making concentrates on small batches of carefully blended hand picked wines such as Grenache, Shiraz, Mourvedre (GSM), Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc, and Semillon and Chardonnay with a touch of Viognier.
Every year, the Wallington family invites people to join them in harvest and vintage activities. Picking starts early and ends by mid-day when helpers are treated to lunch (and wines!) in the winery. Crushing gets underway by mid afternoon, with many feet making light work!
The Wallingtons are very concerned about sustainability and the vineyard , olive grove and 72 ha of the 40 0ha property are in it’s third year of conversion to Organic and Biodynamic status and the winery will be certified for next vintage. The rest of the property is now in its first year of full Organic and Biodynamic conversion.